The Network and Talent Manager position for The Container Store helps drive recruiting with a focus on networking, relationship building and ensuring that The Container Store hires great, 1=3 employees. This position sources talent for positions in our company (Stores, Home Office and Distribution Center) while working closely with the Recruiting Team and hiring manager. The ideal candidate has extensive experience sourcing, networking and interviewing candidates in retail, sales and management positions. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
Position Reports To
VP of Stores, Training & Development, & Recruiting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the “executive recruiter” on behalf of The Container Store to help fill management positions in our Stores, Home Office and Distribution Center.
- Generates a pipeline of qualified candidates. Uses technology and other resources to efficiently seek out and identify active and passive candidates.
- Builds relationships with candidates to widen our networking base with a focus on supporting manager needs by market.
- Builds and maintains database of recruiting/networking contacts (names, numbers, relationship) to support on-going recruitment needs.
- Passionately expresses the company’s business structure to candidates while acting as the steward of company culture, promoting and embracing our business practices, philosophies and strategies.
- Understands The Container Store’s recruitment process and store operations as well as our brand focus.
- Collaborates with the Recruiting Team to review and update interviewing support materials.
- Communicates with vendors, executive search firms and companies exploring best practices to share The Container Store vision.
- Maintains involvement in networking and recruiting organizations and events.
- Develops local and national recruiting plans and builds active networks and pools of candidates in relevant industries for future needs.
- Sources candidates from contacts and networks, as well as utilizes social and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.
- Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Determines additional recruiting channels through research online, working with our marketing team and staying updated on new recruiting avenues through trade publications.
- Works with hiring managers to accurately identify needs and create effective job postings.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- 5+ years of networking, recruiting and interviewing experience.
- Proven success using social media to connect and network with potential candidates.
- Broad experience with staffing, compensation, employee relations and federal/state laws, preferred.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office suite, database management and experience with online applicant tracking systems, preferably HRsmart.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once.
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and a passion for knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to operate independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Confidence and competence in decision making.
- Exceptional judgment regarding candidates’ skills and assessing the right candidate for the position and the company.
The Container Store promotes a smoke free drug free environment. EOE.
Click here to view physical requirements.