What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience The Container Store’s employee-first culture where you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a higher purpose. We create exceptional customer service experiences while fulfilling our customer’s storage and organization needs. Living out our 7 Foundation Principles has landed us on FORTUNE magazine’s list of “Best Companies to Work for” year after year.
What Will You Be Doing?
Our full-time positions are involved in sales, merchandising and inventory.
- Schedules include daytime, evenings, weekends and early mornings, totaling 38-40 hours per week.
In sales, you are…
In merchandising, you are…
- Engaging in thoughtful conversations with customers while maintaining the visual appearance of the store.
- Coaching employees on selling, merchandising and inventory awareness.
- Leading the salesfloor in partnership with Managers.
- Designing custom spaces.
- Engaging with customers at the register, offering product information and sharing promotions as a brand ambassador.
- Keeping pace with customers, balancing multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage time.
- Organizing and ensuring we have a well-merchandised store.
- Presenting products, unloading trucks, lifting boxes, climbing ladders and cleaning the store.
- Working with a great team, surrounded by lively music, resulting in a huge sense of accomplishment.
In inventory, you are…
- Pulling customer product orders utilizing technology.
- Ensuring inventory accuracy through attention to detail and communication.
The Benefits of Working Here
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to an employee-first culture, ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 30% on Installation
- Ongoing training
- 401(k) plan and discretionary match
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
What You Bring To Us
- You love to engage with people. You’re the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection. You are passionate about connecting with customers and your team to provide clear, concise, compassionate communication.
- People say you have a heart for service. You love to sell. For you, it’s about learning what a customer truly needs and offering suggestions.
- You are always learning! You are eager to learn how technology and selling work together to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- You take pride in your work. It’s your store!
- You love checklists. You like to stay busy, balance priorities and utilize your organizational skills.
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexible (like Gumby) with your schedule.
- You want to delight the people around you and can’t wait to share that at The Container Store!
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to view physical requirements.