The store management team consists of a General Manager, a Store Manager - Sales/Training and a Store Manager - Visual Sales.
The General Manager is responsible for achieving all aspects of store performance, and is chiefly responsible for driving overall sales performance, in addition to elfa sales, visual presentation, training, operations, payroll, scheduling, inventory control, recruiting, succession planning and employee development and morale. The Store Managers report to the General Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Area Director and Store Managers, identifies and sets goals and priorities for the success of the store including sales goals, elfa goals, average ticket and payroll goals
- Collaborates in recruiting and hiring, working with Store Managers to identify needs, set hiring goals, plan for seasonal needs and balance the skills and experience needed in the store
- Leads, coaches, trains and develops the staff by managing behavior, actions and performance through proper communication and follow-up
- Actively engages with employees on the salesfloor through observation, conversation and coaching as well as modeling proper selling and visual sales techniques with customers
- Writes and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports and participates in full-time and part-time reviews when appropriate
- Manages store payroll expense plan and partners with the Area Director to use payroll and labor effectively
- Works with the scheduling system and Store Managers to create weekly and daily schedules
- Performs other requested tasks and duties
- College degree preferred
- 5+ years management/leadership experience
- Experience in retail sales field, preferred
- Ability to travel 10% a year, based on the business needs
- Experience coaching and managing others including career development, directing and evaluating work
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and courteously, both orally and in writing, internally as well as with customers and outside vendor partners
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment. EOE.
Click to view physical requirements.